A Dreamer's Spot

I've always been a dreamer... dreaming about all kinds of things.. of something better... of things to come..i have learned that in dreams, anything is possible.. but let us not forget one important thing.. dreams are good but living in the present is still the best...

Monday, August 15, 2011

"The wondrous feeling of ginpoms"

After a long long time, I got drunk again tonight.. actually, I’m still drunk while I’m writing this but I just felt that I had to write it all down before the toils and boils of everyday life caught up with me tomorrow and I forgot to write this blog.

Our good friend, bruce, who now resides in manila came home for the weekend as he was invited as a speaker in the anniversary event of one of the institutions here in cebu (though, for the life of us, we couldn’t imagine why he was tapped as one.. haha).. so as usual, everytime he was in town, the whole mangtas group met..

Since, it was antonio’s birthday and joy was sick, she couldn’t make it.. mike had to be yaya to his kid so he couldn’t make it as well.. That left me, joey and jipjip. It was mother lily’s birthday so I suggested to joey for us to just met in his house and we’ll just bring food *kuno*… we went to Salinas for dinner.. as usual, bruce was at his hilarious self, telling us about his one hour talk and we got busy updating each other with what happened to our lives for the past 3 weeks (we actually saw each other a month ago) as we waited for jipjip to arrived as he was assigned to bring the _ _ _ blue and mango juice..* he was late by the way*

We finally started with our drinking session.. let me tell you, in case you get the wrong impression, I do not drink that much now *recovering alcoholic* hahaha.. but ginpoms was and has always been my favorite drink.. unfortunately, jipjip bought 2 small bottles, thinking that I was the only who was drinking it.. (hmm.. 2 bottles just for me?..) so we started the tagay and dongkoy (‘unsa man jud ang estado joey?’) me, joey, bruce and jipjip finished the 2 bottles in an hour.. they went on to RH but I declined (I’m an RH girl, but I don’t usually mix my drinks) .. we wanted more so bruce suggested that we go to his hotel (aircon!), buy more stuff and finish it there.. since jessa was going out anyway (by the way, thanks to jessa for a free dinner), we decided to all go out.. and that’s when we all got drunk..



Drinking has always given me that liberating feeling where I can let go of all inhibitions, where i can just say whatever i want and know that i can always blame the alcohol after.. don’t get me wrong, I am not an alcoholic and this is the first time that I got drunk after a long, long time.. in fact, I remembered that the last time I got drunk was joey’s birthday, around 6 years ago, where I also drunk a jar full of ginpoms all by myself (though in retrospect, the last time I really got drunk was January 2010 when we went home to davao and celebrated my aussie’s cousin nim’s birthday) .. for a brief moment in time, you get to feel irresponsible and you get to express whatever you want!..

I don’t recommend this though to be a regular thing.. getting drunk once in a decade is ok.. doing it every night, that’s a different story.. so if you do want to get drunk, I have only 5 tips for you:

1. Drink only with friends that you can trust. When you want to get drunk, better do it with people that you trust 101%, who you know will tell you when to stop and will ensure that you get home safe and sound
2. Don’t mix drinks. If you drink RH at the start of the evening, then drink RH all the way. You’ll end up with a hang-over if you mix your drinks unless you’re really used to drinking.
3. Do not sleep on the way home. Wait until you get home to sleep, otherwise, if you sleep in the cab, you will not be able to go back to sleep once you get home, or worse, you might end up somewhere else.
4. Know your limits. Feeling tipsy is ok, drinking to the point of puking is not. Stop when you feel that you have enough.
5. Drink cold water with ice. When you know your drunk already, drink cold water with ice and you won’t end up the next day with a hangover. When you wake up, the first thing you do is drink cold water again.

Lastly, do it once every so often in your life. At some point, we all need to let go of the stress for one evening and just enjoy. Spend time with your friends once in a while and for that evening, forget about work, stress and problems and just get drunk. Trust me, you’ll face the week with much more enthusiasm 

To joey, jipjip, bruce and dongkoy: till the next drinking session.
To joy, yani and mike: join us the next time 

-ramblings from a drunk dreamer-

1 comment: