A Dreamer's Spot

I've always been a dreamer... dreaming about all kinds of things.. of something better... of things to come..i have learned that in dreams, anything is possible.. but let us not forget one important thing.. dreams are good but living in the present is still the best...

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dreams

Dreams are really weird right? I mean, everytime we go to sleep, we dont really know what will happen.. IF we will dream that night? AND if we do dream, what's it gonna be about? It would have been nice if we will dream about helpful stuff - such as - what will happen to that important interview tomorrow? the number that would win the grand prize in the lotto? that all important edge' to make the boss happy? Things like that. Unfortunately, most of the time, we dream of weird stuff.. sometimes, crazy stuff..like the other night for example, i dreamt that i was being chased by a dragon and just when it was about to breathe fire on me, i fall off the cliff.. now, in reality, i nearly fell off my bed and landed on my son (who was sleeping on the bed below me) Now, that would have created a big fuss.. but it got me thinking.. what was the meaning of my dream?
when i was taking up gestalt therapy as one of my subjects in my undergrad psych course, dream interpretation was part of it. my teacher told me, that my dreams means only two things - (1) it is a statement of my life and/or (2) it is an unfulfilled wish...

So what was the dragon? what does it say about my life? i guess, if i were to become 'psychological' about it, it would represent the 'problems' that i am facing right now.. but then, what would 'falling in the cliff' means? does it mean that i would fail in solving my problems? I hope not..

I guess, this is something that I have to think about more deeply and at this point, I am not ready to face it :)

In the end, I still believed that though my dreams is a statement of my life right now, it doesn't mean that I will let it be my life forever... just like my ever changing dreams, I still have the power to change my life...

After all, life is meant to be lived.. not dreamt..

No comments:

Post a Comment